Pioneer DDJ-SR Controller
The DDJ-SR delivers all the superior performance features of the top-flight four-channel Digital DJ SX (model name: DDJ-SX), including an inbuilt Serato sound card and pre-mapped controls for the included Serato DJ software. However, with two channels and support for USB power, the smaller, lighter DDJ-SR is ideal for Serato DJ users that want to take the performance with them wherever they go.
Pioneer DDJ-SR Controller Features:
- Like its club-standard sibling, the DDJ-SR adds a fun, physical element to performance thanks to features such as the rubber LED Performance Pads – which enable DJs to trigger Hot Cue, Slicer, Roll and Sampler modes, and control the volume of samplers by how hard they hit the pads.
- Hitting the new PAD PLUS button on the DDJ-SR adds another layer of control, with the ability to instantly trigger and manipulate FX assigned to each button. In PAD PLUS mode, samples and Hot Cues gain a Roll effect and can be looped in time with the beat, Combo FX enables tactile FX control, and Trans cuts the sound at pre-set intervals.
- More features inherited from Pioneer’s pro-range include large, low-latency jog wheels and Slip Mode – which silently continues track playback during loops, scratches and reverses, bringing the music back in the right place when the DJ is done.
- The DDJ-SR has been built to withstand the rigours of frequent use, and its stylish design and compact size make this affordable controller an attractive addition to any set up.
The DDJ-SR has dedicated controls for all the bundled Serato DJ software’s features including:
- Four-deck control
- FX engine Powered by iZotope
- Eight cue points on each deck
- Syncable six slot sample bank
- Auto Loops, Manual Loops and Loop Roll, for even more loop options
- Slicer to chop up tracks and create new arrangements
- Stripped back, compact unit delivers portability and ease of set up - Pioneer has made the DDJ-SR smaller and lighter than the DDJ-SX and added support for USB power – so DJs can fit the controller in a bag and enjoy fuss-free set up wherever they want to perform.
- Performance Pads with PAD PLUS add another dimension to DJing - Sixteen rubber Performance Pads are assigned to four modes – Hot Cue, Roll, Sampler and Slicer – to add a physical element to mashing up tracks. The LED illuminated pads’ Velocity Mode controls volume according to how hard DJs hit the pads.
- DJs can hit the PAD PLUS button to unleash a second level of tactile performance features. PAD PLUS has three modes:
- Hot Cue/Sampler Roll: adds a beat-synced Roll effect to Hot Cues and samples, and lets DJs adjust the length of the roll using the loop controls.
- Combo FX: triggers FX when the pad is pressed, which stop when it is released, so DJs can tap the pad to instantly add FX to individual noises.
- Trans Pad: gates FX at pre-set intervals, which are accessed via the pads, enabling DJs to create a rhythmic gated sound manually.
- Two-channel mixer delivers four-deck control and Cross Fader Reverse - The two-channel mixer layout enables intuitive mixing and scratching with Serato DJ decks B and C; DJs simply hit the Deck Select button to effortlessly access decks A and D. The DDJ-SR also features Cross Fader Reverse, so DJs can swap decks from left and right to suit their scratching style.
- Slip Mode for precision edits - Inherited from the new club-standard CDJ-2000nexus, Slip Mode silently continues track playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and brings the music back at the right point when the DJ exits the manoeuvre.
- Low-latency jog wheel enhances scratching pleasure - The DDJ-SR’s low-latency jog wheel ensures DJs always get the scratch response they expect. Plus the controller borrows the backlit-LED On-Jog Display from the club-standard CDJs, showing the playback status of the current track for even greater scratch and reverse precision.
- Professional build quality and design - The high-quality faders are robust and durable, while the steel top plate and aluminium jog wheels give the DDJ-SR a premium finish.
- Other features
- Beat indicator: gives a visual representation of the BPM
- USB powered: via connection to PC
- Channel Fader Start: use the channel fader to control Cues
- Crossfader curve adjust: to suit any type of sound
- Master level and channel level meters: instantly identify levels on each channel
- MIDI compatible: control any DJ software
- Software - Serato DJ
- Input ports - AUX x 1（RCA) MIC x 1（1/4 inch jack）
- Output ports - MASTER OUT x 1 (1/4 inch jack, BOOTH OUT/ MASTER OUT x 1（RCA, HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 2（front 1/4 inch jack, MiniPin）
- Other ports - USB B port x 1
- Frequency response - 20 Hz ～20 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion ratio - 0.006 ％or less
- S/N ratio - 101 dB （PC）
- Maximum dimensions - 553.6 mm x 319.1 mm x 65.3 mm
- Unit weight - 4.5 kg
- Applicable OS (Windows) - Windows® 7, 32-bit: (CPU) 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo/(Memory) 2GB, 64-bit: (CPU) 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo/(Memory) 4GB
- Applicable OS (Mac) - Mac OS X 10.8.4/10.7.5/10.6.8, 32-bit: (CPU) 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo/(Memory) 1GB, 64-bit: (CPU) 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo/(Memory) 4GB
- Display resolution - 1280 x 720 or higher resolution